6809 BASIC
vbriel
2009-01-29 22:13:34 UTC
I have a wirewrap 6809 board that I built that is in the same format
as a SWTPC. I haven't added the disk drive circuit yet, so I can't use
flex and I'm looking for a BASIC that will work with my system. Is
there a BASIC for the 6809 systems with serial I/O?

Vince
Bjarne Bäckström
2009-01-30 07:21:26 UTC
I have a wirewrap 6809 board that I built that is in the same format as a
SWTPC. I haven't added the disk drive circuit yet, so I can't use flex and
I'm looking for a BASIC that will work with my system. Is there a BASIC
for the 6809 systems with serial I/O?
For starters, have a look at

<http://www.flexusergroup.com/>
<http://www.swtpc.com/>
John Crane
2009-01-31 23:24:13 UTC
Post by Bjarne Bäckström
I have a wirewrap 6809 board that I built that is in the same format as a
SWTPC. I haven't added the disk drive circuit yet, so I can't use flex and
I'm looking for a BASIC that will work with my system. Is there a BASIC
for the 6809 systems with serial I/O?
For starters, have a look at
<http://www.flexusergroup.com/>
<http://www.swtpc.com/>
--
I discovered long ago that the flex user group site is long on tease and
short on files. Mention is made of various 6809 packages, but no links are

I have a SWTPC 6800 and a 6809 system. I use the 6800 more than the 6809
because of a lack of software for it. There's an assembler out on the net
for the 6809, but not much else.

-John
vbriel
2009-02-01 03:23:22 UTC
  For starters, have a look at
  <http://www.flexusergroup.com/>
  <http://www.swtpc.com/>
the usergroup, got no response, and I've been in contact Michael
Holley about things here and there. He has been a big help. Must be
nice to have both 6800 & 6809 setups, I have none, that's why I made a
wirewrap board.

Dennis : "Vincekit"? LOL, I guess. It's been on my tado list for too
long. I used a SWTPc 6809 system with CT-82 when I was in Highschool.
I'd love to get my hands on a CT-82, those terminals were just so
cool. I'm not going to say anything until I have a complete setup
working. Just think 6800 or 6809 choice SBC with floppy. The DAT (Data
Address Translator) was not included in my wirewrap board and I
removed the code from SBUG 1.8 that configures it. I wonder if it is
needed for Flex, but I haven't found anything that requires it yet.
See the MP09B assembly manual for info on the DAT. Just looking at
maybe doing a basic system with some RAM < 64K serial port and floppy
controller. I'm building a wirewrap SS30 floppy controller now and
I'll see if I can get Flex running. If I can, I'll look into doing
kits.

Vince
Bjarne Bäckström
2009-02-01 08:58:21 UTC
Post by Bjarne Bäckström
For starters, have a look at
<http://www.flexusergroup.com/>
<http://www.swtpc.com/>
usergroup, got no response,
Then I suggest that you send a message to the owner of the mailing
list, Michael Evenson. I think his address is on the "root page" of
flexusergroup.com.
vbriel
2009-02-01 14:34:38 UTC
   Then I suggest that you send a message to the owner of the mailing
list, Michael Evenson. I think his address is on the "root page" of
flexusergroup.com.
--
Ok, I sent off another mail. Is the group active, It looks like the
web page hasn't been updated since 2003?

Vince
Bjarne Bäckström
2009-02-01 17:58:31 UTC
Post by vbriel
Post by Bjarne Bäckström
Then I suggest that you send a message to the owner of the mailing
list, Michael Evenson. I think his address is on the "root page" of
flexusergroup.com.
--
Ok, I sent off another mail. Is the group active, It looks like the
web page hasn't been updated since 2003?
The web page has been sorely neglected, but I think the group is
of time, but I still have nearly daily contact with a few of the
members.
vbriel
2009-02-01 19:16:01 UTC
   The web page has been sorely neglected, but I think the group is
alive. I unsubscribed from the mailing list in Sep 2007 because of lack
of time, but I still have nearly daily contact with a few of the
members.
--
I understand, it looks like many of the 6809 and FLEX projects are
finished business. Just in case somebody wants to see what I'm working

image of the SBC board

smaller version of the same picture.

Vince
Stephen H. Fischer
2009-02-06 03:40:19 UTC
Sorry if this is a dup, I am not sure I replied to the right place before.

I have refreshed my memory for what I did 25+ years ago and now realize I
have all the original parts (Soon to got to the dumpster) and much more.

I did the same thing way back then.

Hi,

I used TSC's Flex Basic (And it's Basic preprocessor) when I developed
Urbane Using some FLEX emulator on my PC.

I also have TSC's development system (Without Disk, console and so on
drivers). Samples supplied!

If you do not get what you need, E-Mail me: ***@mindspring.com

I got my home built 6809 system running FLEX using the instructions they
supplied, after replacing 2 (TWO!!!) bad floppy disk drives.

SHF
Post by Bjarne Bäckström
The web page has been sorely neglected, but I think the group is
alive. I unsubscribed from the mailing list in Sep 2007 because of lack
of time, but I still have nearly daily contact with a few of the
members.
--
I understand, it looks like many of the 6809 and FLEX projects are
finished business. Just in case somebody wants to see what I'm working
on:

http://www.brielcomputers.com/files/swtpcsbc.jpg This is a large
image of the SBC board

http://www.brielcomputers.com/files/swtpcsbcsmall.jpg This is a

Bjarne Bäckström
2009-02-01 08:58:21 UTC
Post by John Crane
Post by Bjarne Bäckström
I have a wirewrap 6809 board that I built that is in the same format as
a SWTPC. I haven't added the disk drive circuit yet, so I can't use
flex and I'm looking for a BASIC that will work with my system. Is
there a BASIC for the 6809 systems with serial I/O?
For starters, have a look at
<http://www.flexusergroup.com/>
<http://www.swtpc.com/>
--
I discovered long ago that the flex user group site is long on tease and
short on files. Mention is made of various 6809 packages, but no links
are provided to the files.
The files are in the group's ftp archive. You'll get the login name
John Crane
2009-02-01 17:14:02 UTC
Post by Bjarne Bäckström
Post by John Crane
Post by Bjarne Bäckström
I have a wirewrap 6809 board that I built that is in the same format as
a SWTPC. I haven't added the disk drive circuit yet, so I can't use
flex and I'm looking for a BASIC that will work with my system. Is
there a BASIC for the 6809 systems with serial I/O?
For starters, have a look at
<http://www.flexusergroup.com/>
<http://www.swtpc.com/>
--
I discovered long ago that the flex user group site is long on tease and
short on files. Mention is made of various 6809 packages, but no links
are provided to the files.
The files are in the group's ftp archive. You'll get the login name
I tried the same approach as Vince, about 2 years ago. Michael Holley
helped me get my systems up and running then directed me to the flex user
group. I applied for membership 2 years ago, and have sent several emails.
Still waiting for a reply. I think someone died over there.

-John
tim lindner
2009-02-01 17:57:54 UTC
Post by John Crane
I tried the same approach as Vince, about 2 years ago. Michael Holley
helped me get my systems up and running then directed me to the flex user
group. I applied for membership 2 years ago, and have sent several emails.
Still waiting for a reply. I think someone died over there.
It's not a very active list, but it is certiantly not dead.
--
The ears are too length.
tim lindner: First initial last name at macmess dot org
Dennis Boone
2009-01-31 03:28:10 UTC
Post by vbriel
I have a wirewrap 6809 board that I built that is in the same format
as a SWTPC. I haven't added the disk drive circuit yet, so I can't use
flex and I'm looking for a BASIC that will work with my system. Is
there a BASIC for the 6809 systems with serial I/O?
Oh, _TELL_ me there's going to be a "Vincekit" SWTPC 6809 replica.
I want!

De