HD6309P
lynchaj
2009-11-06 01:53:27 UTC
Hi! Does anyone know where to buy some HD6309P CPUs? They are hard
to find so if anyone has ideas please let me know. Thanks and have a
nice day!

Andrew Lynch
james
2009-11-06 02:36:43 UTC
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:53:27 -0800 (PST), lynchaj <***@yahoo.com>
wrote:

|Hi! Does anyone know where to buy some HD6309P CPUs? They are hard
|to find so if anyone has ideas please let me know. Thanks and have a
|nice day!
|
|Andrew Lynch
|===========

Check with Cloud9 Tech. Mark may still have some. They are still
obtainable but most of the surplus resalers want you to buy in
quantities and not single unit. Usually they want $100 minimum order
if not more.

I got mine off EBAY a few years back. Every now and then they do pop
up on EBAY.

james
David Knoll
2009-11-06 22:48:09 UTC
Post by james
I got mine off EBAY a few years back. Every now and then they do pop
up on EBAY.
I have one from eBay too. Couldn't find any more when I looked last night.

There do seem to be some 6303s though- is the 6303 any good? I found a
datasheet and it seems to have lots of I/O built in.
--
David Knoll
Anti-spam: Change 'news' to 'david' for my real address.
james
2009-11-07 20:31:35 UTC
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 22:48:09 +0000, David Knoll
<***@davidknoll.me.uk> wrote:

|james wrote:
|> I got mine off EBAY a few years back. Every now and then they do pop
|> up on EBAY.
|
|I have one from eBay too. Couldn't find any more when I looked last night.
|
|There do seem to be some 6303s though- is the 6303 any good? I found a
|datasheet and it seems to have lots of I/O built in.
|============

The HD6303 is Hitachi's CMOS clone of the MC6801/3. The MC6803 is the
romless version of the MC6801. Both are the progenetor of the
MC68HC11. The MC6801 and the Hitachi 6301/3 use a MC6800 core
instruction set. Hitachi did add instructions like they did with the
6309. Of all the HD6303 chips on Ebay the one that might be of
interest is the 64 pin version, HD6303Y. This chip brings the address
and data buss lines out separate from any ports. This gives you three
8 bit ports in addition to the 16 address lines and 8 data lines.

You can hunt around the inernet and find out the enhanced instructions
that the HD6303Y made to the MC6800 core. I don't think they added
registers like the HD6309.

james
Dennis Boone
2009-11-07 23:07:10 UTC
They are still obtainable but most of the surplus resalers want you
to buy in quantities and not single unit. Usually they want $100
minimum order if not more.
The UK ebay seller has "more than 10" at $32 each shipped.

If there are enough interested, perhaps a group buy would come
in cheaper? It the price came down a bit, I'd take a few.

De