Forward from: [Apple6809] 6809 Kitt started in school(1982)
Stephen H. Fischer
2013-01-15 21:40:29 UTC
Hello all, i am from Belgium.

I can not trow away my 6809 kitt i start making for the first time years ago
in school. Every 2 year i get out of the box and contignue adding hw( RTC
chip, new LCD display) and code in assembler. As this is difficult to
restart every time i am wondering if there exist win7 programs i could use
instead of those old on my dos pc?
For example an assembler compatible with my current code in meta16
assembler, an win7 rs232 terminal interface and maybe a pascal compiler that
could run on my win7 desktop.

Many thanks in advance for any help with keeping my 6809 kitt alive.

Dirk De Coppel

______________________________

I tried to help him by e-mail but my reply was not helpful (Post on
comp.sys.apple2)

Hello everyone, long time ago in 1982 i made durin my education an 6809
micro controller kid. As of today i take ik from time to time out of the box
and contignue to change the hw and fw. For the fw i work in assembler with
meta16 program on an old dos pc.
Ik worried that soon this dos pc will stop working and that i wil be blokked
to contignue from time to time.
I have 2 questions:
First, do you know an assembler that i could use on mij win7 pc + a program
that i can use to communicate in rs232 to mij 6809 kitt?
Second: does their exist an pascal compiler for 6809 that i could use?
Prefered also under win7. If not maiby under dos. This could simplify the
programming today in assembler(till my dos pc will stp working)

Thank in advance for any help fron an experiaced 6809 user.
Does their exist in Belgium an 6809 workgroup that i could join?
Please communicate via email to ***@scarlet.be
KristaMHill
2013-01-31 04:36:05 UTC
Post by Stephen H. Fischer
[...]
Thank you for posting, I'm struggling with such topics myself. I am coming to the 6809, by way of the 68HC11, 68HC12, 9S12, and back, all of which share similarities. I am using John Kent's VHDL version, with Xilinx Spartan-3 FPGA.

With regard to an assembler, the source code for many of them, including the original as9 are available on the Internet. I compiled as9 on 64 bit Windows 7 using the MinGW environment. The source is fairly generic C code, so most any compiler should work.

The NoICE debugger for the 6809 is available for no charge from the developer, just send a note in exchange for the license. My impression is that NoICE is like PCBug-11 for the 68HC11 in that it also communicates with a small bit of code resident in your target application.

For now I'll use higher level programming to my host system, some day I'll get to doing that with my target system.

Krista