exorciser stuff
jhallen
2012-03-04 18:28:08 UTC
Hello everyone,

I'm the author of "EXORsim": http://exorsim.sourceforge.net/

I'm trying to find more old manuals and disks for the EXORciser, to
try to get more of it working. Does anyone have more than what's
available on bitsavers?

In particular I'm trying to get my hands on these:

FORTRAN compiler (the runtime library is missing from the disks on
bitsavers) and manual.

MPL compiler manual.

COBOL compiler manual.

A working version of the "E" editor (version on bitsavers seems to be
broken), and the one on exorciser.net is missing the "e.cm" file (but
has the overlay files).

Any documentation on the EXORTerm150 (so I can emulate it).

6809 version of MDOS?

Anything else..

Thanks,
Joe
r***@yahoo.com
2014-10-10 18:43:24 UTC
Hello Joe,

Are you still working on your "EXORsim" application?
I have a Motorola EXROciser system here with about 25 disks.
A few of disks have eprom files on them. Maybe some sources too...

Some disk names:
- MDOS 2.0, Mot basic
- MDOS editm
- Philips tape soft
- OS9 V1.1 exorcisor Shell Pascal
- motorola basic interperter, MPL, Cobol
- mdos 3.02 format OS9 kernels 58k 56k 48k
- 8200SYSTEM E* M6800 system software 3.05 (original motorola disk)
- SD basic compiler, ASM for mdos 9/3/80 @ software dynamics (several disks with different serial numbers)
- mdos 3.01 8209 termsys (original motorola disk)
- mdos 3.0 (original motorola disk)
etc...

Maybe something useful? I've not made any images
but I can make IMD files from the 8 inch disks.

Regards, Roland
Joe
hl351ge
2014-10-13 07:47:32 UTC
Please do so (make IMD images), and submit what you have, to Bitsavers
(www.bitsavers.org) for preservation. There is already very much lost
due to bit deterioration and thrown-away documentation (considered as
garbage). The Exorciser was a fine system - it'd be bad if existing
stuff would entirely disappear.

Regards
-hl