Hitachi MB-6890 Floppy Disk Drive
murcamwin
2017-09-24 10:20:27 UTC
Any idea if these drives will work on a Hitachi MB-6890?

Vintage IBM 5.25" Hitachi 2.4MB Floppy Disk Drive HFD532EIU P/N 72X6058

Mitsubishi 8” DS DD Floppy Disk Drive 1/2 Height Direct Drive M2896-63-02U SN25

Thanks
Murray.
n***@aol.com
2019-11-17 03:05:42 UTC
Post by murcamwin
Hi,
Any idea if these drives will work on a Hitachi MB-6890?
Vintage IBM 5.25" Hitachi 2.4MB Floppy Disk Drive HFD532EIU P/N 72X6058
Mitsubishi 8” DS DD Floppy Disk Drive 1/2 Height Direct Drive M2896-63-02U SN25
Thanks
Murray.
Hi,
I'd never heard of a 2.4MB floppy until you posted but unless it has an integrated controller, I doubt either option will work with the Peach as it has no FDC.
I do recall an optional expansion card and drives but my memory of that is foggy. I know at the time I didn't want to splash out for it. Possibly they were single density (or 48tpi) or something. I ended up using my peach as a terminal for another FLEX system and I bought Mitsubishi M4853 half-height, 96tpi drives.