6809 assembler for Mac OS X
MagerValp
2011-08-23 12:50:59 UTC
I'm searching for a 6809 assembler that will compile and run under Mac
OS X. Ideally I'd like to run AS09, as I'm using VECSOUND, but there's
no source available and no binary for mac. So far everything I've
found is either incredibly old (K&R source, lots of errors), limited
(no parenthesized expressions, no spaces allowed), or just crashes. Is
there anything out there?
Dennis Boone
2011-08-23 15:02:28 UTC
Post by MagerValp
I'm searching for a 6809 assembler that will compile and run under Mac
OS X. Ideally I'd like to run AS09, as I'm using VECSOUND, but there's
no source available and no binary for mac. So far everything I've
found is either incredibly old (K&R source, lots of errors), limited
(no parenthesized expressions, no spaces allowed), or just crashes. Is
there anything out there?
How about the ASxxxx cross assemblers?

http://shop-pdp.kent.edu/ashtml/asxxxx.htm

De
MagerValp
2011-08-24 11:54:23 UTC
 > I'm searching for a 6809 assembler that will compile and run under Mac
 > OS X. Ideally I'd like to run AS09, as I'm using VECSOUND, but there's
 > no source available and no binary for mac. So far everything I've
 > found is either incredibly old (K&R source, lots of errors), limited
 > (no parenthesized expressions, no spaces allowed), or just crashes. Is
 > there anything out there?
How about the ASxxxx cross assemblers?
http://shop-pdp.kent.edu/ashtml/asxxxx.htm
Thanks, that's a much newer version than the one I found. It defines
its own function named getline, which collides with stdio's, but it
builds after renaming it to as_getline.

tlindner@mac.com
2011-08-23 21:09:55 UTC
Post by MagerValp
I'm searching for a 6809 assembler that will compile and run under Mac
OS X. Ideally I'd like to run AS09, as I'm using VECSOUND, but there's
no source available and no binary for mac. So far everything I've
found is either incredibly old (K&R source, lots of errors), limited
(no parenthesized expressions, no spaces allowed), or just crashes. Is
there anything out there?
There is Mamou: sf.net/projects/toolshed/
Also LWASM: http://lost.l-w.ca/coco/lwtools/
MagerValp
2011-08-24 11:56:15 UTC
Post by ***@mac.com
Post by MagerValp
I'm searching for a 6809 assembler that will compile and run under Mac
OS X. Ideally I'd like to run AS09, as I'm using VECSOUND, but there's
no source available and no binary for mac. So far everything I've
found is either incredibly old (K&R source, lots of errors), limited
(no parenthesized expressions, no spaces allowed), or just crashes. Is
there anything out there?
There is Mamou: sf.net/projects/toolshed/
Interesting, looks promising.
Post by ***@mac.com
Also LWASM:http://lost.l-w.ca/coco/lwtools/
I tried it, and it segfaults left and right. It also has some annoying
restrictions on expressions.

Thanks!